City tours that we recommend for our guests during their stay in Barcelona
You can ride around the city renting a bike from our friends
Sagrada Familia – La Pedrera – Casa Batlló – Parc Güell
1. Parc Ciudadela – Sagrada Familia: This stunning church is unfinished, but nonetheless one of Gaudí’s masterpieces and a UNESCO Site. We recommend to buy the tickets online to avoid waiting line at the entrance. Official page here. Take the bus 51 from the station next to the Hotel Ciudadela Parc until stop Valencia-Av. Diagonal, then walk 5 min to Sagrada Familia. Carrer de Mallorca, 401, 08013 Barcelona, GPS: N41.40358, E2.17446.
2. Sagrada Familia – La Pedrera: Designed by the catalan architect Antoni Gaudí, part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Take the Metro Line 5 (blue) next to Sagrada Familia until stop Diagonal, then walk 4 min to Passeig de Gracia. Passeig de Gràcia, 92, 08008 Barcelona, Spain, GPS: N41.39516, E2.16171. Phone:+34 934 84 59 00 Opening hours: Nov 5th – Feb 28th: 9:00 – 18:30, Mar 1st – Nov 4th: 9:00 – 20:00
3. La Pedrera – Casa Batlló: A facade, sprinkled with bits of blue, mauve and green tiles, studded with wave-shaped window frames and balconies. Walk on the Passeig de Gracia from number 92 to 43. The street is full of shops, restaurants and terraces where you can taste some tapas. Passeig de Gràcia, 43, 08007 Barcelona. GPS: N41.39189, E2.16496. Phone:+34 932 16 03 06, Opening hours: Mon – Sun 9:00 – 21:00
4. Casa Batlló – Park Güell: This park was completely designed by Gaudí. Witness the amazing connection between architecture and nature. Take the bus line 24 from the stop next to Casa Batlló in direction Park Güell. The trip will take arround 30 min. Olot 1, 08023 Barcelona. GPS: N41.41341, E2.15293. To go back to Hotel La Ciudadela take the bus line 24 until Plaza Catalunya, then change it with bus line 41 until Pg Lluis Companys-Pg. Pujades. See the route here.
Tour Historic Center
Plaza Catalunya – Cathedral – La Rambla – Museum Picasso
1. Parc Ciudadela – Plaza Catalunya: Huge square in the city centre. Beautiful fountains and statues. Surrounded by banks, shops and hotels. Take the bus 41 from the station next to the Hotel La Ciudadela until stop Plaza Catalunya-Pg de Gracia, then walk to the central plaza. Pl. Catalunya, 08002 Barcelona. GPS: N41.38699, E2.16993.
2. Plaza Catalunya – Cathedral of Santa Eulalia: Barcelona’s main cathedral. A lavish showcase of Gothic architecture – its high ceilings and gargoyles are truly breathtaking. Walk 10 min from Plaza Catalunya down on Portal del Angel street, full of shops and terraces until Placita Seu, 08002 Barcelona. GPS: N41.38451, E2.17613.
3. Cathedral of Santa Eulalia – La Rambla – Boqueria Market: A traditional market where you can find about everything you could ever need – come here for the souvenirs and the atmosphere! Walk 10 min from Cathedral down on Bisbe street until Plaza St. Jaume where is Palau de la Generalitat. Then take on Ferran street, that is full of shops, until La Rambla, near to Metro station Liceu. Then turn to the right until La Boqueria Market. La Rambla de Sant Josep, 08002 Barcelona. GPS: N41.38199, E2.17152.
4. La Rambla – Columbus Monument: This more than 7 metres high statue is a tribute to Christopher Columbus, who returned here after he discovered America. Walk 10 min from La Boqueria Market down on La Rambla until the Columbus Monument. La Rambla is full with shops, restaurants, flower shops, artisanal gifts, painters, mim actors. Plaça del Portal de la Pau, 08039 Barcelona. GPS: N41.37579, E2.17777
5. Columbus Monument – Museum Picasso: If you are a fan of Pablo Picasso, the Cubist painter, you should definitely visit the museum full of his drawings and paintings! Walk 15 min from Columbus Monument, back on La Rambla, until Plaza Reial. Then continue on Baixada Sant Miquel back to Plaza Sant Jaume. Go down on Princessa street until Montcada street to the right. Carrer de Montcada, 15-23, 08003 Barcelona. GPS: N41.38520, E2.18070.
Then walk on Montcada, Comercio and Passeig Pujades until Hotel La Ciudadela.
Tour Barceloneta – Montjiuc
Barceloneta – Montjuic Castle – National Art Museum – Magic Fontains
1. Parc Ciudadela – Barceloneta Beach: The Ciudadela Park is right in front of Hotel Ciudadela Parc, the great city park located in the center of Barcelona. Over 70 acres of pathways, attractions, a lake and more. Barceloneta beach is located in the neighbourhood of the same name, this beach with fine-grained sand is popular among locals and tourists for its nightlife facilities.Passeig Marítim de la Barceloneta, 08003 Barcelona. GPS: N41.38109, E2.19454.
2. Barceloneta Beach – Art Museum Montjuic: Because of Catalonia’s mountainous character, it developed a special kind of transport – funiculars which offer a nice view over the land. Take the Funiculars from Pg. Joan de Borbo until on top of Montjuic hills. Then take on Av. Miramar until Palau Nacional. This museum presents original Catalan art but is also known for its extensive collection of Romanesque paintings. Palau Nacional, Parc de Montjuïc, 08038 Barcelona, GPS: N41.36769, E2.15410.
3. Palau Nacional – Magic Fountains: The magic fountain is a spectacular display of colour, light, motion, music and water acrobatics – if you mix all these elements together in just the right combinations, you end up with pure magic! The magic fountain is a “must see” when you come to Barcelona and highly recommended. La Rambla de Sant Josep, 08002 Barcelona. GPS: N41.3709869386, E2.15158111520.
4. Magic Fountains – Plaza Espanya – Hotel La Ciudadela: After the sound & light spectacle, walk to Plaza Espanya. From there take the metro L1 (red) until stop Arc de Triumf. Then walk 5 min on Passeig Lluis Companys until Hotel La Ciudadela. GPS: N41.38931, E2.183694.